Landowners with valuable resources under their feet usually do not have the means to mine those resources themselves. In order to profit from their good fortune, they grant mineral rights to a mining company.
Mineral rights are the legal authority to extract and use minerals beneath the surface of a particular plot of land. “Minerals,” in this case, most often refer to oil, gas, and coal. A landowner may assume that they have mineral rights to their own land, and that is usually the case. But in fact, ownership of mineral rights and ownership of the land itself may be conveyed separately.
Mineral rights contracts are quite complex, and, unfortunately, disputes between landowners and mineral rights holders are not uncommon. If you are contacted by a company interested in obtaining mineral rights to your land, or if you are involved in a dispute with such a company, it is very important to contact an attorney experienced in these complex contracts. Those at the LaGarde Law Firm can help.
- Am I covered under the Jones Act?
- Can I pursue a wrongful death claim regarding my family member’s death?
- Can I receive compensation for a car accident or truck accident injury?
- Can I receive compensation for an oil rig injury?
- Can I receive compensation if I was injured by a product, such as a ladder or a power tool?
- Can I still receive compensation if I am partially responsible for my own injury?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Does Texas law require me to wear a motorcycle helmet?
- How much is my case worth?
- How much will it cost to hire a lawyer?
- How should I choose a lawyer?
- If I am injured while on someone else’s property, can I receive compensation?
- What are compensatory damages?
- What Are Mineral Rights?
- What can I do if someone is spreading false information about my business?
- What if I am not sure who is at fault for my injury?
- What if the person at fault for my accident is deceased?
- What is a “material” breach of contract under Texas law and why is it important?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
- What is my Houston personal injury case worth?
- What is repudiation of a contract?
- What is the Death on the High Seas Act?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What Is the Jones Act?
- What makes a trucking accident different from other auto accidents?
- What should I do after an accident or injury?
- What should I do if I am having trouble with a business insurance claim?
- What should I do if I feel that my insurance claim was unfairly denied?
- What should I do if I’m involved in a traffic accident?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Louisiana?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Texas?
- Will I have to testify in court for my personal injury case?
- Will my case have to go to trial?