If someone spreads false information about your business and, in so doing, causes losses to your business, you may be able to sue.
You may be able to make a claim for tortious interference. If someone willfully disseminated false information about your business in an effort to disrupt one or more business deals or relationships, you may be able to sue that person or entity for damages.
Another claim you may be able to make is for unfair competition. If the person or entity spreading false information is a competitor, and especially if those false claims appear in your competitor’s advertising, you may have legal means to put a halt to those activities and recover damages.
Even if neither of these cases describes your situation, a legal remedy may still be available to you. Contact a business litigation attorney for an evaluation of your case. At LaGarde Law, evaluations are always free and without obligation.
- Am I covered under the Jones Act?
- Can I pursue a wrongful death claim regarding my family member’s death?
- Can I receive compensation for a car accident or truck accident injury?
- Can I receive compensation for an oil rig injury?
- Can I receive compensation if I was injured by a product, such as a ladder or a power tool?
- Can I still receive compensation if I am partially responsible for my own injury?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Does Texas law require me to wear a motorcycle helmet?
- How much is my case worth?
- How much will it cost to hire a lawyer?
- How should I choose a lawyer?
- If I am injured while on someone else’s property, can I receive compensation?
- What are compensatory damages?
- What Are Mineral Rights?
- What can I do if someone is spreading false information about my business?
- What if I am not sure who is at fault for my injury?
- What if the person at fault for my accident is deceased?
- What is a material breach?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
- What is my Houston personal injury case worth?
- What is repudiation of a contract?
- What is the Death on the High Seas Act?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What Is the Jones Act?
- What makes a trucking accident different from other auto accidents?
- What should I do after an accident or injury?
- What should I do if I am having trouble with a business insurance claim?
- What should I do if I feel that my insurance claim was unfairly denied?
- What should I do if I’m involved in a traffic accident?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Louisiana?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Texas?
- Will I have to testify in court for my personal injury case?
- Will my case have to go to trial?