How to Choose the Right Lawyer for Your Case
In the field of law, experience counts. You should choose an attorney with extensive knowledge of and experience with the type of case that you are pursuing. This is important to ensure that you obtain the best verdict or settlement possible.
In a personal injury case, the defendant corporation, insurance company or other entity defending the case (and their attorneys) will make a decision about how large a settlement to offer, based in part on their judgment about how likely your attorney is to take the case to trial and win. So, you want an attorney on your side with proven experience in the field who has consistently taken cases to trial and won favorable verdicts.
Attorney Richard LaGarde is double-board-certified in personal injury and civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has over 30 years of experience in handling injury cases in Texas and Louisiana. He is the former President of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association and the former President of the Houston Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
At LaGarde Law Firm, we have decades of experience winning favorable verdicts and settlements for our clients, and expertise is the most important factor you should consider in choosing an attorney.
However, we also take pride in the fact that we are a family law firm, and we treat our clients like family. We are proud that we achieve excellent outcomes for our clients, and that they say that they felt that we “had their back” and were “part of their family.”
- Am I covered under the Jones Act?
- Can I pursue a wrongful death claim regarding my family member’s death?
- Can I receive compensation for a car accident or truck accident injury?
- Can I receive compensation for an oil rig injury?
- Can I receive compensation if I was injured by a product, such as a ladder or a power tool?
- Can I still receive compensation if I am partially responsible for my own injury?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Does Texas law require me to wear a motorcycle helmet?
- How much is my case worth?
- How much will it cost to hire a lawyer?
- How should I choose a lawyer?
- If I am injured while on someone else’s property, can I receive compensation?
- What are compensatory damages?
- What Are Mineral Rights?
- What can I do if someone is spreading false information about my business?
- What if I am not sure who is at fault for my injury?
- What if the person at fault for my accident is deceased?
- What is a “material” breach of contract under Texas law and why is it important?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
- What is my Houston personal injury case worth?
- What is repudiation of a contract?
- What is the Death on the High Seas Act?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What Is the Jones Act?
- What makes a trucking accident different from other auto accidents?
- What should I do after an accident or injury?
- What should I do if I am having trouble with a business insurance claim?
- What should I do if I feel that my insurance claim was unfairly denied?
- What should I do if I’m involved in a traffic accident?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Louisiana?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Texas?
- Will I have to testify in court for my personal injury case?
- Will my case have to go to trial?