When you are involved in an auto accident, make sure to take notes. These notes will be very useful later in the process when you need to recall important details.
As soon as possible, write down all the details you can remember regarding the accident, including the time and date, location, circumstances, the names of those with you, witnesses to the accident, weather, lighting conditions and any other details you think could be useful. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if it is safe to do so, and take pictures of, and note any damage done to, your vehicle.
Also, be sure to keep notes on your injuries, including initial aches and pains, any diagnosis a doctor gives you and any work hours lost or family events missed because of the accident. Even if you think a certain detail won’t be important in getting compensation later, write it down. Meticulous documentation can be extraordinarily useful to you and your attorney.
- Am I covered under the Jones Act?
- Can I pursue a wrongful death claim regarding my family member’s death?
- Can I receive compensation for a car accident or truck accident injury?
- Can I receive compensation for an oil rig injury?
- Can I receive compensation if I was injured by a product, such as a ladder or a power tool?
- Can I still receive compensation if I am partially responsible for my own injury?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Does Texas law require me to wear a motorcycle helmet?
- How much is my case worth?
- How much will it cost to hire a lawyer?
- How should I choose a lawyer?
- If I am injured while on someone else’s property, can I receive compensation?
- What are compensatory damages?
- What Are Mineral Rights?
- What can I do if someone is spreading false information about my business?
- What if I am not sure who is at fault for my injury?
- What if the person at fault for my accident is deceased?
- What is a material breach?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
- What is repudiation of a contract?
- What is the Death on the High Seas Act?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What Is the Jones Act?
- What makes a trucking accident different from other auto accidents?
- What should I do after an accident or injury?
- What should I do if I am having trouble with a business insurance claim?
- What should I do if I feel that my insurance claim was unfairly denied?
- What should I do if I’m involved in a traffic accident?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Louisiana?
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Texas?
- Will I have to testify in court for my personal injury case?
- Will my case have to go to trial?